Sample plan and timelineIdeally, students will apply in their freshman or sophomore years, but juniors may be able to still complete the requirements, as long as they have at least 3 semesters remaining at WVU.
(note that this is only one example of a possible timeline)
· Spring freshman year: attend info session and apply for PCPP. Meet with PCPP staff to develop plan.
· Fall sophomore year: take a core intercultural competence course and one sector course
· Spring sophomore year: take an elective intercultural competence course, one sector course, and LDR 201
· Fall junior year: study abroad (or, take an elective intercultural competence course and one sector course)
· Spring junior year: begin volunteer or professional experience in sector (and continue through summer); complete 75 hours
· Fall senior year: complete remaining Leadership Development requirements
· Spring senior year: meet with PCPP staff to explain your leadership project and complete exit check-list for final certification. Apply for Peace Corps!